Look Elsewhere Effect?

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a class that can be used to assess the look elsewhere effect when getting p-values. I have been searching but I have not found anything in roostats.

I mean when getting p-values using the Frequentist, Hybrid, Asymptotic calculators, or just anything related with the Look Elsewhere Effect? Tell me if I am not been clear.

Thanks

HI,

We don’t have yet this class in RooStats. If you would like to implement it, using for example the procedure described in arxiv.org/abs/1005.1891, I am willing to include it in ROOT.
I think some code already exists within the experiment analysis software, in ATLAS or CMS

Best Regards

Lorenzo

Hi,

Yes, I am working on that, it might be ready in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any update regarding a LEE class? This would be really useful!

Cheers,
Rob

Hi !

Let me support the previous message. That would be very useful to have this class in. Is this already done ? If not, is it planned to have it in ?

Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Loïc

@rooter_03 said sometime ago that he was working on it. May be he can reply here to tell use where he is with this. May be @moneta also had news about it.

Hi,

I am sorry, I said that two years ago, I think. I have code that we used in our last analysis to do this. I can point you to the code within a couple of days if it is urgent. Writting a ROOT class might take longer, I am pretty busy right now. Tell me what works for you.

Cheers

Hi there !

Thanks for the quick reply ! If you can point me to some pieces of code, that would be very helpful already. Once done, maybe we can discuss here with @moneta and @couet on how to integrate it as a ROOT class ? I am happy to help there.

Cheers,
Loïc