Home | News | Documentation | Download

How to set the title in Chinese?

I want to set the title in Chinese,but always failed.please help me?

There is no standard way to do that. We do not have chinesse fonts distributed with ROOT.

[quote=“luzhaoxin_2004”]I want to set the title in Chinese,but always failed.please help me?[/quote] You can do that with “Qt layer On” (probably :unamused: )

“probably” … that does not really help …
I guess we can also “probably” do it using the freetype fonts.
But I must admit that my expertise in this area is almost 0:

• Where to find the fonts files ?
  • How to use them ?
  • … ?
    Note that other character sets like Cyrillic may also be requested.

I guess, Valeri means QT’s internationalization features - they are really FANTASTIC (QT Linguist and QT’s specific translation classes/functions/macros - I tried them once (with QT, not QT layer) and was really happy with Russian menus, buttons etc.).
If I’m wrong, Valeri can correct me.

[quote=“tpochep”]I guess, Valeri means QT’s internationalization features - they are really FANTASTIC (QT Linguist and QT’s specific translation classes/functions/macros - I tried them once (with QT, not QT layer) and was really happy with Russian menus, buttons etc.).
If I’m wrong, Valeri can correct me.[/quote] ROOT Qt-layer does use the Qt QTextCodec class doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qtextcodec.html .
What you need is to turn on the Qt-layer and provide your code page via ROOT resources file ($ROOTSYS/etc/system.rootrc or $HOME/.rootrc or ".rootrc"). Look for the line

Gui.DefaultFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1 and replace it with your code page. For example, to get the russian codec one has to provide iso8859-5 page:

Gui.DefaultFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-5 I guess, to get the Chinese one needs something like this:Gui.DefaultFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-Big5. I have to find :blush: the PC with the Chinese font installed to check whether it works properly :wink: . In theory, one can add a couple of lines to ROOT Qt-layer to open an access to the Qt entire Linguist facility doc.trolltech.com/3.3/linguist-manual.html too

tell me?

what did you try? how did it fail?

Hello
Friend of mine has helped me to check things.
we set the default font on Windows to be :

Gui.DefaultFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-GB2312
and managed to add the chinese titles to the ROOT plot using Qt/Root plugin on Windows XP machine (see attachment)

[quote=“couet”]“probably” … that does not really help …
. . .
Note that other character sets like Cyrillic may also be requested.[/quote]I am sorry, I forgot to attach the “Cyrillic” example.
That uses Gui.DefaultFont: -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-5
See second attachment.

请问可以告诉我,您是如何在WINDOWS下安装ROOT的?要辅助软件吗?在哪儿可以下载到?谢谢!

:astonished: [quote=“luzhaoxin_2004”]请问可以告诉我,您是如何在WINDOWS下安装ROOT的?要辅助软件吗?在哪儿可以下载到?谢谢![/quote] :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth: :blush:

Hi,

babelfish.av.com claims: “Ask that can tell me, how you are to install ROOT under WINDOWS? Must assist the software? Can download in where? Thanks!”

So I suppose the correct answer is:
ftp://root.cern.ch/root/root_v5.22.00.win32.vc90.msi for Visual Studio 2008.

Cheers, Axel.

:astonished: :bulb: too late :unamused: It was asked 3 years ago :cry:

Horrible multiple TGraphPolar