GX11[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist

Hello everyone,

I set up root 5.34/14 on my local pc. (linux mint 17.2).

I did so with apt-get:

apt-get install root-system apt-get install libroot-bindings-python-dev since i work with pyroot

in my .bashrc i added:

export ROOTSYS=`root-config --prefix`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${ROOTSYS}/lib
export PATH=${PATH}:${ROOTSYS}/bin:~/bin
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34

so ROOSYS is $ echo $ROOTSYS /usr

since it seems some packages are not included in the standrad libroot-bindings (like TSpectrum and others) i did brute-force:

So everything looks fine but i get the error message:

[quote]Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: GX11[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in /usr/lib:.::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34/cint/stl
Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: HistPainter[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in /usr/lib:.::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34/cint/stl[/quote]

when drawing a simple TH1F or i guess anything graphical.

Any ideas? Of course I searched for the problem, but everything i found seems not to match my problem. I hope i stated all important info.

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

Try:
apt-get install root-system* root-plugin* libroot*

Thanks. apt-get install root-system* solved the X11 Problem. apt-get install root-plugin* needed the package libiodbc2 before so I installed it. After installing root-plugin also the second error message is gone and the histo was drawn. Now everything seems to work. THANK you

For the record and people beeing redirected:

run

sudo apt-get install libiodbc2
apt-get install root-system*
apt-get install root-plugin*
apt-get install libroot*

to solve the problem stated above.

[url=https://root-forum.cern.ch/t/missing-canvas/17664/17 what I think about it.[/url]

Hi everyone,
I just read what “You think about it” and am also otherwise convinced. What path structure do you prefer for the installation and why? I know there is a section Install location in the documentation, but i would like your coments :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Daniel

It’s up to you to decide where you want to keep your ROOT installations.
Here are some old posts with examples of different building procedures:

P.S. Note that you must first get rid of the “system-provided” ROOT version → execute “sudo apt-get purge root-system* root-plugin* libroot*” (afterwards check that the “/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/root5.34” and the “/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34” subdirectories disappeared completely).