ERROR:InputArguments -- RooArgSet::checkForDup: ERROR argument with name* is already in this set in RooMCStudy

Dear Experts,
I am trying to perform the fit validation for my fit. But I am getting error messages like:

[#0] ERROR:InputArguments -- RooArgSet::checkForDup: ERROR argument with name _D0_ds_mKK_d0_over__D0_ds_mKK_d0_Int[_D0_mKK]_Int[_D0_mKK] is already in this set
[#0] ERROR:InputArguments -- RooArgSet::checkForDup: ERROR argument with name _D0bar_ds_mKK_d0bar_over__D0bar_ds_mKK_d0bar_Int[_D0bar_mKK]_Int[_D0bar_mKK] is already in this set

I am using a conditional PDF and I fail to understand why this error occurs in the toy study because there are no such messages when I do the fit with the same model. Here’s my working directory.
toy_forum.zip (9.1 KB)

Will you please have a look. I am using root 6.28

Thanks for reporting this.

It’s a problem with the C++ object ownership, which you can ignore.

But still, the error is annoying and needs to be fixed:

I’ll also backport the fix to the 6.30 branch, so you’ll not have these errors in the 6.30.04 patch release.

Cheers,
Jonas

Thank you @jonas.
There is however another issue with this. I was trying to generate and fit for 500 toys. There are no additional error messages but the code stops running after about 80 toys.

I also have BatchMode(true) added in the code to hasten the proocess but it is still taking a lot of time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.