Cannot compile ROOT at MACOS Catalina

root 6.18.04, 6.20.02
MACOS 10.15.2
Xcode 11.4

Dear colleagues,

during compilation

I have a problem, it seems, with headers:

In file included from /Applications/HEPsoft/root_6.2/include/TMathBase.h:32:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../include/c++/v1/cmath:325:9: error:
      no member named 'isless' in the global namespace
using ::isless;

etc.

I found that this problem was reported a few months ago but was fixed in the last versions of ROOT. What I’m doing wrong?

Is it the latest version of Xcode?

Yes, version 11.4 (11E146).

So maybe a MacOS user (@couet @Axel) could have an idea?

I have :
MacOS 10.15.3
Xcode 11.3.1

And I do not see this problem

I believe :smile:
But it doesn’t solve my problem

I tested the issue with different versions of cmake - 3.15 and 3.17 from homebrew - the same problem …

As you have a new version of Xcode may be you need to do:

$ xcode-select --install

?

@Axel should know better.

Of course it was done already…

Dear all,
I am experiencing a very similar problem, as already communicated in the following topic

The issue could be related.
As for aguskov, I am using the latest 11.4 (11E146) version of Xcode
Thank you for any suggestions!
Bests
Valerio

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Are you building your own binary? If so, how? Or do you see this when building ROOT itself?

From Alexey (before I reopened the topic):

No, I have this problem in compilation ROOT itself.
And I still have it with the last Xcode.

That’s really curious. Could you share your CMakeCache.txt, please?

https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/EPo6m5c8osj6Luo

Thanks.

Can you invoke make Core VERBOSE=1 > foraxel.txt 2>&1 and post foraxel.txt, please?

https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/Y20Exr1kZrYezEO

Best regards.
Alexey

OK thanks. Can you send ~/out.txt from:

cd /Users/aguskov/Downloads/test/core/base && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/c++   -I/Users/aguskov/Downloads/root-6.20.04/core/base/res -I/Users/aguskov/Downloads/root-6.20.04/core/base/../foundation/res -I/Users/aguskov/Downloads/root-6.20.04/core/base/inc -I/Users/aguskov/Downloads/test/include -I/usr/local/include  -std=c++11 -Wc++11-narrowing -Wsign-compare -Wsometimes-uninitialized -Wconditional-uninitialized -Wheader-guard -Warray-bounds -Wcomment -Wtautological-compare -Wstrncat-size -Wloop-analysis -Wbool-conversion -m64 -pipe -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Qunused-arguments -pthread -stdlib=libc++ -O2 -DNDEBUG -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk -fPIC   -std=c++11 -E /Users/aguskov/Downloads/root-6.20.04/core/base/src/String.cxx > ~/out.txt 2>&1

Thanks!

https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/Yv0l1bjHMfc2ws4

Best regards.
Alexey

Is any chance to solve the problem?