Building and Executing ROOT6 on Windows with VS2019

ROOT Version: 6.20.04
Platform: Windows 10
Compiler: Visual Studio 2019 cl.exe

In reference to the link above, after a additional step, I successfully built ROOT6 in Windows with VS2019!!.

The additional step is that converting all source files to UTF-8 with BOM. Since my environment is Japanese, I had a compiling error regarding the character code. In the Japanese environment, all character codes except ASCII and UTF-8 with BOM are interpreted as Shift-JIS.

Then I tried to create and build my new project in VS2019.

#include <TCanvas.h>
#include <TH1F.h>
#include <TF1.h>
#include <TROOT.h>
#include <TStyle.h>
using namespace std;

int main() {
//contents
}

As reported in above link, I also have the error.

1>C:\root\include\ROOT\RWrap_libcpp_string_view.h(429,34): error C2039: ‘__find_end’: is not a member of ‘std’

I replaced the sentence in root_v6.20.04\include\ROOT\RWrap_libcpp_string_view.h

from

const _CharT* __r = _VSTD::__find_end(

to

const _CharT* __r = _VSTD::find_end(

, and then the build was successful and the exe ran correctly with appropriate PATH.

I would like to thank @bellenot for ROOT6 for Windows.

1 Like

Thanks @yoshimoto san!
And concerning the RWrap_libcpp_string_view.h issue, I’ll check what exactly is the issue. Thanks for the feedback!
And note that the errors at start-up have been solved in the last 6.20.6 release, and will also be in the coming soon 6.22.0 release

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.