1) graphics bug, 2) error while submitting bug report

Dear developers,

A following important plotting bug was noticed. If the axis range does not coincide with the bin edges then the value plotted for the affected bin(s) is wrong (taken from the left-side neighbor bin). Please execute the attached macro to see the same histogram displayed with a bin-edge-aligned range (top) and with a slightly narrower range (bottom). (root 5.34 on linux and mac)

This bug was discovered by Anton Andronic while investigating mysteries of QCD matter.

Attempts to submit the bug report by Anton and by me were unsuccessful. Upon submittal I got the follwing message: “Error creating issue: Could not create workflow instance: root cause: while inserting: [GenericEntity:OSWorkflowEntry][id,25397][name,classic default workflow][state,0] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO OS_WFENTRY (ID, NAME, INITIALIZED, STATE) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?) (Protocol violation: [0]))”

Cheers,
Dariusz
plot_histo.C (976 Bytes)

I think the bug report has been correctly submitted. It is there.

I can see the problem too. I do not have the solution yet.

The faulty code is now spotted but I need to find out the possible side effects.

Actually this problem is the same as the one described here: Plotting various TH1F's with different x-range. which I fixed two years ago in the trunk only. I guess you are using 5.34 (or older) ? … I will back-port this fix from the trunk to 5.34 patches. I will let you know.

I have now back ported the fix from the trunk in 5.34.
It is ok.