XQuartz update crashes TBrowser, but not ssh X11

Hello,

I have a problem with XQuartz and root on my mac. I had an automatic XQuartz update, and since then the TBrowser crashes (it starts but crashes after a second). X11 with ssh to lxplus works well, all root paths seem to be OK, see below. Did you encounter this problem? Do you know what has changed, or how to fix this?

Cheers,

Judita

juditamamuzic:~$ root-config --prefix
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build
juditamamuzic:~$ echo ${ROOTSYS}
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build
juditamamuzic:~$ root-config --bindir
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build/bin
juditamamuzic:~$ echo ${PATH}
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build/bin:/Users/juditamamuzic/Library/Python/2.7/bin:/opt/local/bin/python:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/opt/X11/bin
juditamamuzic:~$ root-config --libdir
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build/lib
juditamamuzic:~$ echo ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build/lib
juditamamuzic:~$ root-config --etcdir
/Users/juditamamuzic/MySw/root/build/etc

_ROOT Version:6.19/01
_Platform: Mac OS 10.14.6
Compiler: Not Provided

P.S. I tried with installation of previous version of XQuartz, but the problem is unchanged. I was trying restart and turning of and on the iTerm and XQuartz, and none worked. I think it has to do with some paths not being read in correctly, or in correct order.

I am trying to narrow down even more the problem. It seems that using

root [0] TBrowser()

crashes, while it works with

root [1] new TBrowser()

I am able to use the Draw() command, e.g.:

tree->Draw("Branch1")

but the whole window freezes if I try:

tree->StartViewer()

The problem is very strange. It is unchanged for many different versions of XQuartz. I will be able to work with what I have, but it is not so great not to have all functionality.
Let me know if you know how to solve this problem.
Thanks!
Cheers,
Judita

Did you install ROOT yourself ? if yes how ? which cmake options ?

You might also want to try out a more recent version of ROOT, there have been several important bug fixes since 6.19.

Hi, I will try with a new ROOT version.
Thanks!
Cheers,
Judita

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.