What causes Warning in <TCanvas::ResizePad>?

Hi,

After having a hard time compiling ROOT (v5r18 and v5r19 trunk), I got an error in make install :

Installing config files in /etc/root
mkdir: cannot create directory /etc/root': Permission denied cp:/etc/root’: specified destination directory does not exist
Try `cp --help’ for more information.

I guess a problem in the makefile, but well… Then, after copying by hand the etc directory into the install $ROOTSYS/etc/root/, I get the following error when running root.

root [0] c = new TCanvas(“c”,“cccc”,1)
Warning in TCanvas::ResizePad: c width changed from 0 to 10

Warning in TCanvas::ResizePad: c height changed from 0 to 10

(class TCanvas*)0x9e49f0

And nothing appears. Does anyone has a hint about what causes this behaviour ?

Thanks

Damir

P.S. the configure comand is :
./configure --prefix=/archive/home/buskulic/root
–disable-chirp
–disable-mathmore

and I am on Linux 64 bits

Hi Damir,

I do not see that on my linux box:

root [0] c = new TCanvas("c","cccc",1) 
(class TCanvas*)0x9f237b0
root [1] 

On which machine are you running ?

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Actually, an already existing common install of ROOT is running fine (v5r12), but I’m trying to upgrade to v5r18. I was just trying to get a hint on what could be causing the errors above, if someone already had had this kind of errors.
The machine is a 64 bits Fedora Core 4 I guess (I’m not completely sure, but it looks like this)

On the other hand, I’m wondering if the two --disable-chirp and --disable-mathmore that I did could have an influence. Though I don’t see why.

Cheers

Damir

As usual, I answer myself.
The problem was due to the fact that, for some reason, the --prefix flag is not used for the etc/root directory when doing the configure. I don’t know if this is a problem, or if it is widely known, but a simple --etcdir= flag does the trick.

Maybe it would be better to also use the path set as prefix for the configure files in etc ?

Cheers

Damir