Warning starting Cling in OSx 11.2.2

I’m getting the following warning & error starting Cling on OSx 11.2.2

warning: no such sysroot directory: ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk’

In file included from input_line_1:1:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/new:90:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/exception:81:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/cstdlib:85:

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/stdlib.h:97:15: fatal error: ‘stdlib.h’ file not found

#include_next <stdlib.h>

My Developer directory is:
ls /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs

MacOSX.sdk MacOSX10.15.sdk MacOSX11.1.sdk

Any ideas how I fix this?
Thanks

Hi,

cd /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/; sudo ln -s MacOSX.sdk MacOSX11.0.sdk will work around that problem for now. This is cling depends on exact macOS SDK headers · Issue #7021 · root-project/root · GitHub

Cheers, Axel.

Hi,
Yes, I did see that workaround and had already applied it to no avail :frowning:
Here’s my folder listing with the link set:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 14B Feb 27 11:42 MacOSX.sdk → MacOSX11.1.sdk
drwxr-xr-x 8 root wheel 256B Jul 9 2020 MacOSX10.15.sdk
drwxr-xr-x 8 root wheel 256B Mar 3 20:35 MacOSX11.1.sdk

sudo ln -s MacOSX.sdk MacOSX11.0.sdk

1 Like

Ok, in that case I’ll need to download 11.0 sdk. I can do that and apply the change.

Then you might just be missing xcode-select --install i.e. you don’t have the required developer tools installed.

From what I understand, you already have a “MacOSX.sdk” (which points to the existing installed “MacOSX11.1.sdk”).
You now need to cheat ROOT so that it thinks that there is the “MacOSX11.0.sdk” installed. You do NOT need to install this SDK version at all; a symbolic link seems to be sufficient. Of course, when ROOT will try to access “MacOSX11.0.sdk”, it will land in “MacOSX11.1.sdk”, but that seems fine (as reported in the other posts by people who tried it).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.