Warning: slow and fast-cloning mode

Hi all,

When running a script on my ROOT files, I get messages like this (from ROOT 6):
Info in TBranchElement::InitializeOffsets: TTree created with an older schema, some data might not be copied in ‘slow-cloning’ mode; fast-cloning should have the correct result.

To get entries, I am using: Long64_t nentries = chain.GetEntries();
Whereas for branches, I am using: branchJet->GetEntriesFast(), branchElectron->GetEntriesFast(), etc …

I noticed that not all data is copied as the warning states. Using ROOT 5, I get the correct results. The ROOT files I have were generated using an older version of Delphes with ROOT 5.
Is there a way to extract all data using ROOT 6?

Thanks in advance.
Amin

Using ROOT 5, I get the correct results.

This is a bit surprising (and hence might be a deficiency in v6).

I get messages like this (from ROOT 6):

The message ought to end with:
'%s' is missing when constructing the branch '%s'.

What is it in your case?

I noticed that not all data is copied as the warning states.

What data is missing?

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

The other messages I get are:
‘Dxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘Track’.
‘SDxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘Track’
‘Dxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘EFlowTrack’.
‘SDxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘EFlowTrack’.

What my script does is loop over events, applying cuts and counting the number of events that passed those cuts. I noticed that the number of events passing the cuts are less when using ROOT 6 in comparison to ROOT 5.
Any ideas?

Thank you.
Amin

Can someone please follow-up on this issue? I can’t do any work at this point.
Appreciate your time and thanks in advance.

Amin

Hi,

Does you current version of the class Track contains a member named Dxy? Did you generate a dictionary for it?

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi,

Dxy and SDxy are not found in Track. No, I did not generate a dictionary for that class. Is this necessary for ROOT 6? I didn’t have this problem in ROOT 5. Also, does this (not generating a dictionary) cause some data not to be copied?

Best,
Amin

Hi,

I just checked the Class Track in Delphes 3.4.0 (which I’m using) and it doesn’t have the member Dxy or SDxy. However, Delphes 3.3.3 has those members. Still, I don’t understand the relation here since I’m not using/accessing Track in my analysis.
Thanks again.

Amin

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.