ROOT 6 does not copy all data

Hi,

I had this issue on another post but I thought it deserves a separate one.
I am running a script on ROOT 6 which loops over events, applying cuts and counting the number of events that passed those cuts. I noticed that the number of events passing the cuts are less when using ROOT 6 in comparison to ROOT 5.
The messages I get on the screen are:
Info in : TTree created with an older schema, some data might not be copied in ‘slow-cloning’ mode; fast-cloning should have the correct result. ‘Dxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘Track’.
Info in : TTree created with an older schema, some data might not be copied in ‘slow-cloning’ mode; fast-cloning should have the correct result. ‘SDxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘Track’
Info in : TTree created with an older schema, some data might not be copied in ‘slow-cloning’ mode; fast-cloning should have the correct result. ‘Dxy’ is missing when constructing the branch EFlowTrack’.
Info in : TTree created with an older schema, some data might not be copied in ‘slow-cloning’ mode; fast-cloning should have the correct result. ‘SDxy’ is missing when constructing the branch ‘EFlowTrack’.

To get entries, I am using: Long64_t nentries = chain.GetEntries();
Whereas for branches, I am using: branchJet->GetEntriesFast(), branchElectron->GetEntriesFast(), etc … I also tried without “Fast” but it didn’t fix the problem.
Hope you can help.

Thank you.
Amin

How is that different from Warning: slow and fast-cloning mode?

It’s the same. I opened a new post thinking that the old one has become inactive. Sorry about that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.