Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Inf/NaN propagated to the pad. Check drawn objects

Hello everybody.

I’m having problems with a macro I did, I need plot 3 superimposed histograms in one pad and a ratio of histograms in an other pad. When I run the code on root, it return message error below

Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Inf/NaN propagated to the pad. Check drawn objects.
Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Canvas_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV_1 height changed from 0 to 10

Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Inf/NaN propagated to the pad. Check drawn objects.
Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Canvas_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV_2 height changed from 0 to 10

root [1] Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Inf/NaN propagated to the pad. Check drawn objects.
Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Canvas_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV_1 height changed from 0 to 10

Warning in <TPad::ResizePad>: Canvas_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV_2 height changed from 0 to 10

The TCanvas this way

Here is my macro teste.C (3.6 KB)

It is difficult to try your macro. Running it we get:

Processing teste.C...
Error in <TFile::TFile>: file mc_weighted.root does not exist
Error in <TFile::TFile>: file NtupleWithSweights.root does not exist

Reading your post it seems also that you might be interested by this class: https://root.cern/doc/master/classTRatioPlot.html

I don’t know why, but my “Histo_Dados_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV” is empty after fill

Dados_Tree->Draw("D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>>Histo_Dados_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV","((D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>0)&&(D_IPCHI2_OWNPV<12))*(signalweight)");
 MC_Tree->Draw("D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>>Histo_MC_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV","((D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>0)&&(D_IPCHI2_OWNPV<12))*(D_PIDEff)*(wdata)*(wnTracks)");
 MC_Tree->Draw("D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>>Histo_MC_CIN_D_IPCHI2_OWNPV","((D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>0)&&(D_IPCHI2_OWNPV<12))*(D_PIDEff)*(wdata)*(wnTracks)*(weight)");

if a draw it again there is no event

Do you get also an empty plot if you do:

Dados_Tree->Draw("D_IPCHI2_OWNPV","((D_IPCHI2_OWNPV>0)&&(D_IPCHI2_OWNPV<12))*(signalweight)");

?

Thank you, I didn’t know this class, it is very helpfull

No, when it fill the histogram the pad have events, but after fill MC histograms, Data histogram get empty

? … it is just the same command you typed … without the histogram filling.

May be the histogram you try to fill does not have the right range. That’s why I asked you to Draw without the histogram to see if there is some events passing the cut you defined.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.