"Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64" When running Garfield++ RPC example

I am trying to run RPC example in Garfield ++.
I did the installation and other examples such as Gem, Silicon, and DriftTube work perfectly and the outputted ROOT graphs are perfect. But when I tried to run the RPC example I got this error which I am not sure how to fix.

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
“Garfield::ComponentParallelPlate::Setup(double, double, double, double, double)”, referenced from:
_main in Weight.C.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

I am not example sure how to fix this error. I opened ComponentParallelPlate.hh file from Garfield and Weight.C file from RPC folder and the function Setup is defined and used correctly.

Anyone had a similar issue who can assist me with fixing it? Or can you give me a quick hint as to what is going wrong?

Thank you.

I think @hschindl can help.

Hi,
sorry for that, the RPC example is being revised at the moment.
Do you actually plan to simulate RPCs? In which case please get in touch with @djjansse who can provide you with a newer version of the example. If not, I would suggest to just skip the RPC example for the time being.

Hello, thank you for the reply.
Yes, we are working with a physical RPC in a muon gas detector. I am trying to simulate the example with different gas files so I am in need to run this example. I will get in contact with @djjansse and ask for assistance if they may help.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.