Unable to install RooFit

Hi There

I’m really stuck in installing RooFit. I downloaded the ROOT v5.34 source code , created a folder in home directory as build folder and run the configure file like this:

/path_to_my_untared_source_code/configure linuxx8664gcc --enable-roofit

and went on the installation as it described here:
https://root.cern.ch/installing-root-source
root works fine but when I issue this commad (in ROOT enviroment of course) i get these errors:

oot [0] gSystem->Load("libRooFit") Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName>: libRooFit[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in .::/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/root5.34/cint/stl (int)(-1)

and

root [0] using namespace RooFit ;
Error: namespace RooFit is not defined (tmpfile):1:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

I’ll be more than grateful for any kind of hints

P.S.: I’m usnig Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit

majid@semeriton:~$ uname -a
Linux semeriton 3.16.0-30-generic #40~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 15 17:43:14 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

P.S.S.: there is no enviromental variable as $ROOTSYS created. when I enter

echo $ROOTSYS

I get nothing, I know it’s not related to my question directly but I thought it might be somehow related

Thanks for useful hint, yes it’s quit possible, I’ve just noticed that the history of commad after last remove still exist which means that I did not remove every things.

and thanks for posting this

earlier.

I hope this time I make it…

Thanks. however , I’m unable to express my gratiude; I learn many thing about the better way of installing ROOT and the it’s advantages.