tutorials/gl/glvox[12].C problems

It seems to me that ROOT “v5-34-00-patches” produces completely screwed PDF files when one tries to save canvases that are created by “glvox[12].C” tutorials.

Also, in a “PS” and “EPS” files, one can clearly see that the axes are misaligned with respect to the “box”.

Could someone repair it, please?

[quote=“Wile E. Coyote”]It seems to me that ROOT “v5-34-00-patches” produces completely screwed PDF files when one tries to save canvases that are created by “glvox[12].C” tutorials.

Also, in a “PS” and “EPS” files, one can clearly see that the axes are misaligned with respect to the “box”.

Could someone repair it, please?[/quote]

Hello, I’ll have a look :slight_smile:

No…

The reason is that to generate PDF from openGL you need a tool like the one we use for PS. ie gl2ps library.
This works only for PS and as you can see it is not perfect. For PDF we do not have such library therefore the
PDF output from OpenGL is not available.
To output OpenGL use png or equivalent.

What concerns “PDF” output from a “GL” canvas -> I’ve found somewhere a note that it supports “transparency”. Now you say it does not work at all. That’s o.k. with me, I don’t need “transparency” that much.

However, could someone, please, repair the misalignment in the “PS” and “EPS” output.

Or, what is the “GL-less” equivalent of … MyTH3->Draw(“GLCOL”); … as MyTH3->Draw(“COL”); … produces just a strange horizontal line.

As I said the ps output is done via an external library on which we do not have the control.
I do not think we want to put more effort on that. It was a kind of test which in some
case is fine but is not perfect at all. Use png

Well, I can output the “contents” of the picture as a high resolution “PNG”, but I would like to have the axes as “vector” graphics (this should be a picture for a “publication”).
So, is there any example which demonstrates how to create an “axes-less” picture saved as a “PNG” and then a new “vector” picture (“PDF”, “EPS”) which adds axes (and which uses the previously saves “PNG” as “background”)?

If you make a PNG large enough you will have enough resolution seems to me.
Keep in mind that OpenGL is screen oriented. There is no native vector graphics
output for OpenGl.