Trouble with showing the results of a fit on a graph

_ROOT Version:6.14/08
_Platform:cernVM
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi!
I’m trying to create a graph with a couple of fits, using the attached macro. I am trying to get the result of my fits to appear on the graph (The value/error of parameters, etc). I am trying to use TFitResultPtr to show the results of the fit, but there only seems to be a method for printing the results, Print(); , and no way to store the results to a string so that I can put it on the graph (Perhaps using the TPaveText method).

analysis.cxx (2.8 KB)

two_peaks_15.txt (5.3 KB)

Thanks.

Hi,
you are right aa TPaveText it is the right solution.
Have a look how I modified your code.
analysis.cxx (3.2 KB)

Cheers,
Stefano

2 Likes

Thanks Stefano!
It is a shame that there isn’t some function to put all of the results of fit onto a graph, especially since parameters are shown automatically in a histogram. However, this will have to do, it doesn’t require that much more effort to put each parameter one by one to the graph, eh?

-Tony

just came to my mind, you can use gStyle->SetOptFit(0011); before fitting.
Have a look here for the method SetFitStat().

My bad I didn’t think of it.

S

I actually tried this already before I posted. If I add the SetOptFit statement at the beginning of the “analysis” method, then the output remains unchanged. It would seem that this statement only works if a histogram (such as TH1F) is being fitted. Then the SetOptFit statement works. However, for a TGraph, it appears to do nothing.
-T

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.