TPDF with Sections and subsections (and so on)?

I have example code like the following (don’t worry about efficiency, just for a short simple example).

c = ROOT.TCanvas("test", "test", 200, 10, 700, 500)
c.Print("file.pdf[")
t.Draw("AntiKt10LCTopoJetsAux.m")
c.Print("file.pdf", "Title:m")
t.Draw("AntiKt10LCTopoJetsAux.pt")
c.Print("file.pdf", "Title:pt")
t.Draw("AntiKt10LCTopoJetsAux.eta")
c.Print("file.pdf", "Title:eta")
t.Draw("AntiKt10LCTopoJetsAux.phi")
c.Print("file.pdf", "Title:phi")
c.Print("file.pdf]")

I followed the documentation here: root.cern.ch/root/html/TPDF.html

It seems to work great, but I would like to be able to group a bunch of properties of a given collection of objects under a section, with subsections such as pt, mass, eta, phi, etc. EG: what I have above is:

M Pt Eta Phi

and I would like something like

AntiKt10LCTopoJets |* M |* Pt |* Eta |* Phi AntiKt4LCTopoJets |* ... |* ... ...

Is this supported at all? (NB: if you omit the title for even just one of them, such as for the Pt plot, when making the PDF – it doesn’t correctly set the titles of the later ones).

PDF files may contain several pages. Each page has several attributes. One of them being its title. By default, if you do not specify titles, the titles will be “Page 1”, “Page 2”, “Page 3” etc … ROOT PDF interface offers the possibility to specify the title of each page yourself. That’s what you are using. But that’s nothing more than that. If you want to have some kind of structure in the pages’ titles you have to manage it yourself.

Hi, right – I understand the Page with Title attribute for TOC. What would be nice is sub-items like the following image: imgur.com/Witomhb

Is that even at all possible within ROOT?

I see… there is some way to open and close sections. No idea yet how to do that … I will check

I just looked at the ROOT primer in pdf format which has exactly that … The internal structure of the pdf file is much more complex than just the “page title” we have now. It requires some time to do it. And will not be available this afternoon…

May be you cane submit a request here: sft.its.cern.ch/jira/secure/Cre … ssuetype=1