TMultiGraph in a subdevided TCanvas

Dear ROOTers,

I’ve been trying to draw a TMultiGraph() in a TCanvas(), which is subdivided in 3.
Somehow, this does not seem to work entirely for me…
I have a loop, which draws each TMultiGraph in its designated pad. I then update the canvas within the same loop with c->Update(). I labled the X/Y-axis and then used c->Modified();
I can see that the MultiGraph has been drawn. However, it disappears in the next iteration and the new MultiGraph is displayed on the pad (this happens in all iterations).
I do not understand why this happens:

• I have declared an array: TMultiGraphs ()* mg[3]
  • added different TGraphs: mg[0]->Add(gr0);mg[1]->Add(gr1);mg[2]->Add(gr2);
  • drawn it & updated the canvas: mg[ii]->Draw(“ap”); c->Update();

I’d appreciate any help.
Thx :wink:

It is difficult to tell what is wrong. A small macro reproducing your problem might help to understand. It seems you forgot some “cd()” in the pad you want to Draw (before drawing the multigraph).

Hi,

Thx for the response. I managed to resolve the issue. My issue did not stem by forgetting “cd()”.
I was extracting gr0/gr1/gr2 from a function. Earlier, this was done with a reference. I changed this to a pointer.
In addition, I discovered that the graphs were overlayed on top of an empty TH2D- histogram (al within the same pad).
I’ve never seen anything like this and thus removed it too (legacy codes are truly a pain in the ass).
Finally, I changed the command leg->DrawCopy() to leg->Draw()
Everything has been working properly ever since.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.