The result about the induced current

I have got the induced current signal when the proton traverse into the gas ionization chamber filled with P10 gas. The two plots show the current signal and the setting of EXYZ file.
I want to know how many protons traverse the 10mm detector and generate the current

And why the induced current went down to the 0.001 fc/ns from the 0.0014 fc/ns and last for few ns, then decrease to the 0.0007 fc/ns for few ns ,finally become 0?

@hschindl can help I think.

Hi,

That’s given by the number of tracks that you simulate in your program. One track corresponds to one proton.

For the other question (about the shape of the induced current) I don’t have a simple answer. It depends on the path of the electrons and the weighting field and drift velocity along the path.

HI,
Thanks a lot for your reply
“That’s given by the number of tracks that you simulate in your program. One track corresponds to one proton.” so where I can find the number of tracks in my program, is that the number of clusters?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.