TH2D graphical output

Hi!

I have two questions concerning the graphical represenation of TH2D plots.

First it seems, that one can not change the ratio of the axes. It would be nice to have this feature because I would like to plot the values for a z/r axis ratio of e.g. 5:1 (this is the ratio of the geometry behind the values, see values in picture below).

A minor issue is the fact that the expression “x 10^{y}” for the z axis appears to low on the canvas (like for 2-D plots). So a part of this expression has an overlay with a line (see picture below).

Is there a way to implement this? Especially the “true scale” plotting would be very nice!

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

Right now there is no other way to dislpay surfaces. The axis are always the same length.
This has been already requested. Some changes in the way surfaces are displayed are needed (may be in TView ?). I should investigate further to see what should be done.

By the way, on the specific plot you show here, if we keep the ratio between the 3 axis “z” will be 5 times longer than “r” but the vertical axis will be 3E11 times longer than the “z” axis and the picture will be unreadable.

So I guess you would like to keep/change the ratio betwen the “z” and “r” axis only, and also that you would like to have the control on it with some method like SetXYAxisRatio(ratio) where ratio=5 in the plot you sent. Is that right ?

Hi!

Sorry for the confusion with the labeling :slight_smile:
Yes, I want to keep the z axis (not the one labeled with “z” but the one pointing upward) and in parallel want to change the ratio between the x and y axis (here the labeling is x-axis=“r (cm)” and y-axis=“z (cm)”). Both axes are in centimeter, so I just want a true scale or at least something in between i have now and the true scale. This is indeed needed! Would be fine to have this feature in the near future :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!
Stefan

Ok. That’s not an obvious thing to do. I have no solution yet. I cannot give any time scale. I am investigating.

Hi!

Ok, thanks! One last question: Do you have a solution of how the “10^{12}” can be shifted upwards in the above picture? Is there a way to do it by macro? So far Iam “optimizing” each eps by hand. Perhaps one could insert some factor to lift those numbers in case of 3-D reps.?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

As far as I can tell there is no parameter to adjust this position. To be done.

Hi!

Happy new year! Are there any news to this topic?

Cheers,
Stefan

not yet

Hi!

Ok, I know there are many other “hot topics” :slight_smile:
Could you post a short note here if there are any news about the feature “TH2D true scale plotting”?

Thanks,
Stefan

I looked at it and that was not obvious to do. And I have always more urgent things to do. As you are the only one asking for it may be you can have a look yourself ? I can help to start if you need.