Hi,
I just found out that if I try to create a TEveBoxSet and manually set the color for each box I add to it then the transparency setting for the given color is never applied.
I see this issue on both OSX (ROOT version 6.18/00) and Linux (ROOT version 6.14/04)
Here a small reproducer based on the boxset.C tutorial macro
TEveBoxSet *boxset(Float_t x = 0, Float_t y = 0, Float_t z = 0, Int_t num = 100, Bool_t registerSet = kTRUE) {
TEveManager::Create();
auto q = new TEveBoxSet("BoxSet");
q->Reset(TEveBoxSet::kBT_AABox, kTRUE, 64);
float dim = 100.0 / num;
float zmin = 0.0, zmax = 100.0;
for (Int_t i = 0; i < num; ++i) {
q->AddBox(0., 0., zmin + i * zmax / num, dim, dim, dim);
Char_t trans = 100 * ((float)i / num);
// q->DigitColor(kGreen, i);
q->DigitColor(0, 255, 0, trans);
}
q->RefitPlex();
TEveTrans &t = q->RefMainTrans();
t.SetPos(x, y, z);
if (registerSet) {
gEve->AddElement(q);
gEve->Redraw3D(kTRUE);
}
return q;
}
and this is an example of the output
From previous experience i know this is a question directed primarily to @matevz 
ROOT Version: 6.18/00
Platform: OSX Mojave
Compiler: Apple clang version 11.0.0 (clang-1100.0.33.12)


