TCutG show marker by default

Hi all,
as written in the topic, I was wondering if it is possible to let the TCutG show the marker by default.
Many thanks all in advance!!

ROOT Version: 6.08.06
Platform: Debian 3.16.43-2+deb8u5 (2017-09-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Compiler: gcc version 4.9.2

What do you mean exactly ? do you have an example ?

“show marker by default”… I am not sure I understand what you are talking about.

When I click on the scissors image in the upper part of the canvas to create the TCutG, the resulting object has as default settings black simple line and the check-box for “Show Marker” is always empty.
Is it possible to change such setting?

I have already changed the default settings for markers and lines through the gStyle global variable:
gStyle->SetMarkerStyle(20); gStyle->SetMarkerColor(kBlue); gStyle->SetLineColor(kBlue);
but when I create a TCutG only a blue line is appearing on the canvas and I think this is related to the fact that the check-box “Show Marker” is empty by default. If I put the tick on such check-box the markers appear and they are of the right color and style.
I was wondering if there is a way to have the tick in the “Show Marker” check-box automatically.

The editor on side takes its initial values from the selected object. The TCutG created by the scissors on top is a simple line.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.