sPlot: problems to fit reweighted dataset

Dear expert,

I’m trying to fit the signal component in a dataset where I applied the sPlot technique.
In my PDF, I have some relativistic Breit-Wigner functions convoluted with a resolution function (sum of two gaussians).
The class that I’m using is RooNumConvPdf (RooFFTConvPdf is unstable and gives a bias result for the mean values).
The problem is that the fit doesn’t start at all: I’m stuck forever with the following messages:

[#1] INFO:NumericIntegration – RooRealIntegral::init(modelD2spdf_Int[DsPiMass]) using numeric integrator RooIntegrator1D to calculate Int(DsPiMass)
[#1] INFO:NumericIntegration – RooRealIntegral::init(modelD1brpdf_Int[DsPiMass]) using numeric integrator RooIntegrator1D to calculate Int(DsPiMass)
[#1] INFO:Minization – RooMinuit::optimizeConst: activating const optimization
[#1] INFO:NumericIntegration – RooRealIntegral::init(modelD1pdf_Int[DsPiMass]) using numeric integrator RooIntegrator1D to calculate Int(DsPiMass)
[#1] INFO:NumericIntegration – RooRealIntegral::init(modelD2spdf_Int[DsPiMass]) using numeric integrator RooIntegrator1D to calculate Int(DsPiMass)
[#1] INFO:NumericIntegration – RooRealIntegral::init(modelD1brpdf_Int[DsPiMass]) using numeric integrator RooIntegrator1D to calculate Int(DsPiMass)

I have no problems at all when I try to perform the fit on a non-weighted dataset, or when I fir a weighted dataset without performing the convolution.

I have attached the script that I’m using and the relativistic Breit Wigner definition.

Any idea?

Thank you for your help.
RooRelBreitWigner.hh (1.23 KB)
RooRelBreitWigner.cc (4.23 KB)
FitDsPiMC12_sPlot.C (10.3 KB)

An update:

everything works well if I use ROOT 5.29/01
I have the problem described above if I use ROOT 5.34/18

Hi,

I cannot run your code. It misses an include file, Constants.hh

Lorenzo

Sorry.
You can find it attached.
Constants.hh (2.4 KB)

Also the data root files are missing

Lorenzo

Hi,

ah, yes, it’s true.
Unfortunately the root files are extremely heavy and contains “private” data, so I’m not sure I can share them…
Sorry.

If you wan you prefer you can send me a private message with the link to the files (e.g. in Dropbox). Otherwise I will not be able to investigate your problem

Best Regards

Lorenzo