Splot not working on python

Hello,

I’m facing a problem to build a Splot for my fit using python3. I’m using the constructor below.

SPlot (const char *name, const char *title, RooDataSet &data, RooAbsPdf *pdf, const RooArgList &yieldsList)

And this is the error message:

none of the 5 overloaded methods succeeded. Full details:
SPlot::SPlot(const char* name, const char* title, RooDataSet& data, RooAbsPdf* pdf, const RooArgList& yieldsList, const RooArgSet& projDeps = RooArgSet(), bool useWeights = kTRUE, bool copyDataSet = kFALSE, const char* newName = “”, const RooCmdArg& fitToarg5 = RooCmdArg::none(), const RooCmdArg& fitToarg6 = RooCmdArg::none(), const RooCmdArg& fitToarg7 = RooCmdArg::none(), const RooCmdArg& fitToarg8 = RooCmdArg::none()) =>
TypeError: could not convert argument 4

The Fit before the Splot works fine. The problem appears when I add the line below.

sData = ROOT.RooStats.SPlot(“sData”,"",dataset,combinedPDF,ROOT.RooArgList(NSig,NBKG))

dataset is a RooDataSet
combinedPdf is a RooAddPdf
NSig and NBKG are RooRealVar

It seems that sPlot does not like ROOT.RooArgList(NSig,NBKG) argument. But it is working for fit.

Is it a bug or I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hi @JuanLeite,

To me it seems that the combinedPDF cannot be internally converted to type RooAbsPdf *. Can you please send us a code excerpt that reproduces the problem?

Cheers,
J.

Hello,

It’s actually complaining about argument 4 which in this case is combinedPDF, but I don’t see why if it’s a RooAddPdf (subclass of RooAbsPdf). Could you double check this?

Also, what ROOT version are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.