Slave calculator in simultaneous fit

Dear Experts,

I am trying to do a simultaneous fit, the pdfs for certain slices contain blind parameters. I get the following info messages at the start of the fit:

INFO:Fitting – RooAbsTestStatistic::initSimMode: creating slave calculator #0 for state …
INFO:Fitting – RooAbsTestStatistic::initSimMode: creating slave calculator #1 for state …

For each category in my simultaneous fit.

When the slices contain blinded parameters, the program hangs immediately after printing this message. I have set PrintLevel(3) in the fitTo method, to see any more printout and there is none after this message.

If the slice doesn’t contain a blinded parameter then the program proceeds fine beyond this point until a slave calculator has to be created for a slice with a blind parameter.

As I don’t know any other way to get a more verbose printout than what I have tried it is hard for me to debug any further.

I have attached my fitting code. And a standard roofit tutorial, which I have edited to reproduce the problem (and when run on my computer does indeed hang in the same place).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks very much for your time,

Ed.
DataFit.cpp (20.5 KB)
rf501_simultaneouspdf.C (5.29 KB)