RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class RooSTLRefCountList<RooAbsArg> is available

HI experts,
When I use the text2workspace.py and HiggsAnalysis pakage, it encounters an error and reply as following, may I ask what’s up?

Using shapes: qui si parra’ la tua nobilitate
TClass::Init:0: RuntimeWarning: no dictionary for class RooSTLRefCountList is available
TStreamerInfo::BuildOld:0: RuntimeWarning: Cannot convert RooAbsCollection::_list from type: vector<RooAbsArg*> to type: RooLinkedList, skip element
TStreamerInfo::BuildOld:0: RuntimeWarning: Cannot convert RooAbsArg::_serverList from type: RooSTLRefCountList to type: RooRefCountList, skip element
TStreamerInfo::BuildOld:0: RuntimeWarning: Cannot convert RooAbsArg::_clientList from type: RooSTLRefCountList to type: RooRefCountList, skip element
TStreamerInfo::BuildOld:0: RuntimeWarning: Cannot convert RooAbsArg::_clientListShape from type: RooSTLRefCountList to type: RooRefCountList, skip element
TStreamerInfo::BuildOld:0: RuntimeWarning: Cannot convert RooAbsArg::_clientListValue from type: RooSTLRefCountList to type: RooRefCountList, skip element

Hi,

this looks like a ROOT file written with ROOT 6.18 or newer was opened with an older ROOT version. Could you check?

Hi expert,
I generated the root file and read it in cern lxplus, so I think the root must be same version.
When I generated the root file, it had a warning: Warning in TClass::Init: no dictionary for class ROOT::TIOFeatures is available. Can u give me some instructions?

If any of your original ROOT files (for which you get the “TIOFeatures” warning) come from one of these versions then you’ll run into problems:

BTW. There are many different ROOT versions accessible on lxplus so you really need to know / check which one was used for what.

Yes, I agree! From python e.g.
print (ROOT.__version__)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.