Rotate axis labels

Hi,

is there an option to rotate the axis labels (for e.g. about 90 degrees so they will be aligned vertically) ?

Thank you!

(Duplicated) Check:

Thank you!

So h->LabelsOption(“v”); is what I am looking for. But it does not work, either via i[/i] nor via i[/i].
Is there something that has to be set previously/additionally ?

It depends on the type of labels you have (alphanumeric or not). Please post a small code reproducer of your problem.

It is, finally just numerical:

(…) TCanvas* c=new TCanvas("c","Compare",1400,1000); gStyle->SetOptStat(0); gStyle->SetPadGridX(kTRUE); gStyle->SetPadGridY(kTRUE); TFile *Outputfile=new TFile(outputfile_root, "RECREATE"); c->Divide(2,1); TH2D *U_against_SN_before = new TH2D("U_against_SN_before", "U_{bias}", bins, down, up, bins, down, up); U_against_SN_before->Fill(SN[n], Ubias[n]); c->cd(1); U_against_SN_before->GetXaxis()->SetTitle("SN"); U_against_SN_before->GetYaxis()->SetTitle("U_{bias}"); U_against_SN_before->SetMarkerStyle(8); U_against_SN_before->SetMarkerSize(0.5); U_against_SN_before->LabelsOption("v", "X"); U_against_SN_before->Draw("");
(…)

SN is something like 0912009913
and Ubias 353.638682453

It is not that important, I’m just wondering (but I guess for the future it could help at some point to know how to do it).
Thank you in advance!

You cannot rotate the labels if they are numeric.

See:

The workaround is to define char labels, check:
Alphanumeric TGraph labels - #6 by couet

Ok, thank you!

Just forgot to answer in the past… :slight_smile:

You are welcome. By the way, the second link of my previous post should read: Alphanumeric TGraph labels

note also the new fonctionality : https://root.cern/doc/master/classTGaxis.html#GA10a