RooWorkspace

Hi all,

I’m trying to import 2 p.d.fs that share some variables in a RooWorkspace. I got the error message
that the variables are “already in the workspace and no conflict resolution protocol specified”.
I cannot manage to resolve the problem with RenameConflictNodes(const char* suffix), RenameVariable(const char* inputName, const char* outputName), etc … proposed here:
root.cern.ch/root/html/RooWorkspace.html

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!
Walaa

Hi,

More precisely:

I used RooSimultaneous to perform a Simultaneous fit on 2 datasets using 2 p.d.fs. that have some components in common. Now, I want to divide each dataset in 4 subdatasets. So, I end up with 8 datasets and 2 pdf.
In order to use RooSimWSTool, I imported a RooWorkspace from ROOT:
w = RooWorkspace(“w”)
wimport = getattr(w,‘import’)
wimport(RooArgSet(AngBd_2011p.model,AngBd_2011n.model,cat))

AngBd_2011p.model,AngBd_2011n.model are my p.d.fs and cat is a RooCategory
I got the error :
ERROR:ObjectHandling – RooWorkSpace::import(w) ERROR object named angular Bd2011_neg_: component(s) (psACPBd,ACPpaBd,ACPpeBd) already in the workspace and no conflict resolution protocol specified

I cannot manage to resolve the problem with RenameConflictNodes(const char* suffix), RenameVariable(const char* inputName, const char* outputName), etc … proposed here:
root.cern.ch/root/html/RooWorkspace.html

I’m working in /cvmfs/lhcb.cern.ch/lib/lhcb/URANIA/ (x86_64-slc5-gcc46-opt not gcc43) with ROOTVERS=5.34.10 and PythonVERS=2.7.3

Thank you very much for your help!
Cheers,
Walaa