RooUnfold installation in mac

Hi,
I’ve been used RooUnfold package in Linux and I never got a problem, now I’m trying to install it in mac and I’m getting the bellow error when it’s building the library. Any suggestion??

Thanks a lot in advance…

Making /Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/tmp/macosx64/dep/TSVDUnfold.d
In file included from /Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/TSVDUnfold.cxx:71:
/Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/TSVDUnfold_local.h:39:10: fatal error:
‘TObject.h’ file not found
#include “TObject.h”
^
1 error generated.
Compiling /Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/TSVDUnfold.cxx
In file included from /Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/TSVDUnfold.cxx:71:
/Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/TSVDUnfold_local.h:39:10: fatal error:
‘TObject.h’ file not found
#include “TObject.h”
^
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/lina/note/scripts/RooUnfold-1.1.1/tmp/macosx64/obj/TSVDUnfold.o] Error 1

Hello,

It looks like the ROOT include dir is not in the include path: did you set up ROOT before building?
Can you detail what you are doing so that we can try to reproduce the problem?
Also, please specify the version of ROOT which you are using.

G Ganis

Hi Ganis,
Thank you for your response.
Well, yes, I set up ROOT before building. I just set the environment variables in my .bash_profile, and now I get this exception.
ROOT version = ROOT 5.34/33

This version of ROOT does not support RooFit. We will build the test programs without it.
grep: -: No such file or directory
Compiling /Users/lina/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/RooUnfoldTUnfold.cxx
/Users/lina/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/RooUnfoldTUnfold.cxx:202:57: error: too many arguments to function call, expected at most 2, have
TH1* reco=_unf->GetOutput("_rec",“reconstructed dist”,0,0);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^~~
/Users/lina/root/include/TUnfold.h:215:4: note: ‘GetOutput’ declared here
void GetOutput(TH1 *output,const Int_t binMap=0) const; // get output distribution, arbitrary bin mapping
^
/Users/lina/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/RooUnfoldTUnfold.cxx:219:59: error: too many arguments to function call, expected at most 2, have
TH2D
ematrix=_unf->GetEmatrix(“ematrix”,“error matrix”,0,0);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^~~
/Users/lina/root/include/TUnfold.h:225:4: note: ‘GetEmatrix’ declared here
void GetEmatrix(TH2 *ematrix,const Int_t *binMap=0) const; // get error matrix, arbitrary bin mapping
^
2 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/lina/RooUnfold-1.1.1/tmp/macosx64/obj/RooUnfoldTUnfold.o] Error 1

Hello,

According to this:

svnsrv.desy.de/public/unfolding … nk/History

porting for ROOT 5.30 and ROOT 6 exists. But you have probably to take the trunk of SVN, or at least something younger than 1.1.1 (which seems to date form 2010).
Other info may be found in here

sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-6138

Hope it helps.

G Ganis

Hi Ganis,
I took the trunk of SVN and it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot!!

Please can you elaborate what is trunk of SVN . I am having the same problem in my mac along with the following error.

Compiling /Users/debasish/RooUnfold/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/RooUnfold.cxx
g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-stdlib=libc++’

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

You’re using GCC on your Mac; you might have more luck installing Xcode and the command line tools (xcode-select --install).

Cheers, Axel.

Maybe my answer is coming a bit late. But I was having problems with RooUnfold when downloading from a link from this webpage: http://hepunx.rl.ac.uk/~adye/software/unfold/RooUnfold.html

The errors were the following:
RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/RooUnfoldTUnfold.cxx:202:57: error: too many arguments to function call, expected at most 2, have 4
TH1* reco=_unf->GetOutput("_rec",“reconstructed dist”,0,0);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^~~
/Users/cristianejahnke/alice/sw/osx_x86-64/ROOT/v5-34-30-alice10-1/include/TUnfold.h:215:4: note: ‘GetOutput’ declared here
void GetOutput(TH1 *output,const Int_t binMap=0) const; // get output distribution, arbitrary bin mapping
^
/Users/cristianejahnke/Downloads/RooUnfold-1.1.1/src/RooUnfoldTUnfold.cxx:219:59: error: too many arguments to function call, expected at most 2, have 4
TH2D
ematrix=_unf->GetEmatrix(“ematrix”,“error matrix”,0,0);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^~~

Then, I noticed that at the end of this same page there is the command to download from svn:

svn co https://svnsrv.desy.de/public/unfolding/RooUnfold/trunk RooUnfold

After downloading from svn trunk, I just used “make” and everything worked.