Root: symbol lookup error in lxplus9

Dear Experts,
I am using macOS 13.6.6 for logging in to lxplus.
I am getting the symbol lookup error with the root command in lxplus9 which is the default logged-in version of the lxplus now. I am not able to open the root file, the root command and TBrowser command itself end up with this error.
Here are the errors in detail.

[trmishra@lxplus943 test]$ root -l ggtree_mc.root

root: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var

[trmishra@lxplus943 test]$ root -b -q

root: symbol lookup error: /lib64/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Done_MM_Var

[trmishra@lxplus943 test]$ TBrowser b
-bash: TBrowser: command not found

I can open this file and the root is working perfectly fine when I am logging into lxplus7. Kindly let me know your suggestions to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
T Mishra

The first two commands you typed suggest that, on lxplus943, the font installation is somehow corrupted or nor properly done. The 3rd command TBrowser b does not work because you typed it at the shell prompt instead typing it at the root prompt.

Thanks,

Running the TBrowser command at the shell prompt was my mistake.

I am rewriting the issue I am facing in detail.

When I initially log in to lxplus or lxplus8 or lxplus7, the ROOT command works fine. However, when I am in the CMSSW area and after setting ‘cmsenv’, the ‘root’ command shows the following error:

[trmishra@lxplus802 src]$ root

Another issue is that when I do a CMS release CMSSW_10_6_29 in lxplus8, it shows some warnings.

[trmishra@lxplus802 GG]$ cmsrel CMSSW_10_6_29
WARNING: Developer’s area is created for architecture slc7_amd64_gcc820 while your current OS is EL8.
WARNING: Developer’s area is created for non-production architecture slc7_amd64_gcc820. Production architecture for this release is slc7_amd64_gcc700.

Do I need to use lxplus7 for ‘cmsrel’ CMSSW_10_6_29?

Kindly give your expert suggestions.

Thanks, Tribeni

Regarding cmsrel you should ask the people responsible for this command. They may also know which lxplus machine you should use.

Thanks. I understand that this is not the purpose of this forum.