Root problem on ubuntu 22.04

Hi everyone.
I faced such an error when I launched the Root.

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g+±9 -O3 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e ‘/^.include/,${’ -e ‘/^ /.*++/p’ -e ‘}’
Results was:
With exit code 0

Please, note your suggestion for tackling

_ROOT Version: 6.22/02
_Platform: Ubuntu 22.04
_Compiler: 11.2.0

May be @Axel can help.

1 Like

ROOT 6.22/02 wasn’t built for Ubuntu 22.04. You can use a newer ROOT version, for instance by installing it through Conda or downloading it here; see the general install instructions.

Dear Axel,

do I have to remove the last version of Root?
Is it possible to upgrade the root without it?
so, the reason why I am not planning to remove the last version is that we have changed some macroses inside root in order to our special program packet.

What does "we have changed some macroses inside root " mean, exactly?

Did you change some of ROOT’s source files and then rebuilt? If so, doing this from scratch (make clean; make -j4) will do.

If you changed configuration files: which ones?

We used another cmake file for using a special program. In fact, I have rebuilt the latest root release and the problem has arisen. Unfortunately, this version does not support the mentioned program.

You can keep the old version around, it won’t work on Ubuntu 22.04, though.

You can use the newer version; please share the error message if you run into problems with the other program.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.