ROOT file to binary file

Hello All,

I have seen some topics on how to convert binary files to ROOT files but nothing for the reverse. So, does anyone know how to convert a ROOT file into a binary file? I need a better visualisation of that ROOT is providing, so I will probably use ImageJ later on to display my image.

Thank you in advance!

not an expert on ImageJ (is that https://imagej.net?) but it seems it can ingest a wide category of files:

• TIFF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, EPS,
  • GIF, AVI
  • FITS, HDF5

ROOT has builtin support for some of these (PNG,JPEG, …) via the TImage.

so you just have to pick and choose whatever best suits your use case.

Since 614 root as an option to produce higher definition binary images. It is used to generate the reference guide.

Since 614 root as an option to produce higher definition binary images. It is used to generate the reference guide.

How do I use this feature? I always had problems with more than 8bit pictures in root.

gStyle->SetImageScaling(3.);

This is how the high def pictures are produced for the doc ( see all the pictures here for instance).

I am not sure that’s what we are looking for. But that’s how we made it and it works nicely for the doc,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.