The development release v6.09/02 is out, featuring several new features. Some highlights:
- Automatic colouring of plots. How? Check this out here.
- The TDataFrame framework landed in ROOT: it is possible to analyse data contained in ROOT trees in a functional manner taking advantage transparently of all cores of your machine.
- More building blocks for expressing parallelism: for example, check out our TThreadExecutor class!
- More parallelism behind the scenes, for example parallel compression when writing to a TTree. Just let ROOT run your code in parallel: invoke ROOT::EnableImplicitMT().
- A faster ROOT: for example lots of symbols are now hidden, TMethodCall is now twice as fast as before.
- ClassDefInline(MyClass, 3) adds ClassDef functionality without the need to generate a dictionary, which is especially useful for scripts and other non-framework code.
See https://root.cern.ch/content/release-60902 for sources, binaries and cvmfs installs.
We’d like to thank everyone contributing to this version, for instance by sending in pull requests, reporting or fixing bugs.
Danilo on behalf of the ROOT team