RooFFTConvPdf in root 5.24.04

Hi all,
I just downloaded from the binaries the new root release and I was trying to run the example called “rf210_angularconv.C” in tutorial/roofit. When I launch the code I find this error:

Processing rf210_angularconv.C…

RooFit v2.98 – Developed by Wouter Verkerke and David Kirkby
Copyright © 2000-2009 NIKHEF, University of California & Stanford University
All rights reserved, please read roofit.sourceforge.net/license.txt

[#1] INFO:Eval – RooRealVar::setRange(psi) new range named ‘refrange_fft_Mf’ created with bounds [0,3.14159]
[#1] INFO:NumericIntegration – RooRealIntegral::init(Tpsi_Int[psi]) using numeric integrator RooIntegrator1D to calculate Int(psi)
dlopen error: libfftw3.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /auto/nfs/home/cerizza/root_5_23_4/root/lib/libFFTW.so
Error in TVirtualFFT::FFT: handler not found
Error in TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv: class TFFTRealComplex not found in plugin FFTW
Error in TVirtualFFT::FFT: plugin failed to create TVirtualFFT object
Error in TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv: class TFFTComplexReal not found in plugin FFTW
Error in TVirtualFFT::FFT: plugin failed to create TVirtualFFT object

*** Break *** segmentation violation
(no debugging symbols found)
(…)

Now, should I install FFTW as external package or is it something else? I tried this example both on 32 and 64bit machines with the same result.

Thanks a lot
ciao
giordano

Hi Giordano,

The error you see indicates that ROOT realizes at run-time that
it cannot find the FFTW libraries. I think the prebuilt binaries from the ROOT team assume that the FFTW libraries are in a certain location, or
at least in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Do you know where libfftw3.so.3 is on your computer. Is that directory
in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Wouter