RooDLLSignificanceMCSModule merge Error

Hi all,
i am trying to performe a significance study using RooMCStudy and the RooDLLSignificanceMCSModule, but i get an error when the MCStudy attempts to merge the data from the significance module:

[#0] ERROR:InputArguments -- RooDataSet::merge(fitParData_model_distribution) ERROR: datasets have different size

I include a minimum reproduction code, which gives the output

[#0] ERROR:InputArguments -- RooDataSet::merge(fitParData_model_distribution) ERROR: datasets have different size
RooDataSet::fitParData_model_distribution[#mean_{gauss},#sigma_{gauss},nbg,nsig,power,shape,NLL,ngen,#mean_{gauss}err,#mean_{gauss}pull,#sigma_{gauss}err,#sigma_{gauss}pull,nbgerr,nbgpull,nsigerr,nsigpull,powererr,powerpull,shapeerr,shapepull] = 85 entries

So the fitParData does not contain the full 100 entries (as expected because some will not converge) but more importantly does not contain the RooDLLSignificanceMCSModule variables
nll_nullhypo_nsig, dll_nullhypo_nsig, significance_nullhypo_nsig

Edit: i believe what is happening is that for MCStudy the fitParData is only added if the fit converges, whereas for the module there is no fitResult->status() == 0 check.
Can someone confirm this and find a workaround?

min_mcsign_error.cpp (2.2 KB)

1 Like

Welcome to the ROOT forum, and sorry for the late answer! I hope @moneta can take a look at this soon (but note that we are all in vacation until beginning of January)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.