Questions about glcolz

Hi !
I have some 3D histograms drew with the option “glcolz”. One of them is attached here.

The code I use is an example from ROOT tutorials. The path is $ROOTSYS/tutorials/gl/vox2.C.
I have some questions about it.

1. The color of red is not bright. It looks like the red of watermelon, a little bit pink in it. But the RGB of the red I use is 1,0,0. And it is not transparent.
    I was wandering if I could make the red brighter?
  2. Around the histogram, there are three faces, which are at back, right and bottom. Can they be removed or turned to transparent?
  3. How to move the palette? I have tried the code like this

[code] gPad->Update();
TPaletteAxis palette = (TPaletteAxis)hist2->GetListOfFunctions()->FindObject(“palette”);

// the following lines move the palette. Choose the values you need for the position.
  palette->SetX1NDC(0.9);
  palette->SetX2NDC(0.92);
  palette->SetY1NDC(0.2);
  palette->SetY2NDC(0.8);
  gPad->Modified();
  gPad->Update();[/code]

But it didn’t work.

Seems to me its is transparent: root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc/THist … html#HP290

[quote=“couet”][quote]
[…] And it is not transparent.
[/quote]
Seems to me its is transparent: root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc/THist … html#HP290[/quote]
Yes, you are right. The code I used offered a function to change the opacity. I have tried to look it closer. It turned out that the closer you look the brighter the color, at least for red, will be.

Thank you. Can you help me with the rest questions?

[quote=“PascalXie”]

Thank you. Can you help me with the rest questions?[/quote]

Palette has a fixed position, you can not move it. Back box can be remove with “BB” (back box) and “FB” (front) - as with non-gl lego plots.

[quote=“tpochep”][quote=“PascalXie”]

Thank you. Can you help me with the rest questions?[/quote]

Palette has a fixed position, you can not move it. Back box can be remove with “BB” (back box) and “FB” (front) - as with non-gl lego plots.[/quote]
Thank you. I have a histogram and a palette plotted separately and put them together manually. :smiley: