Problems in building ROOT

I have been trying to build ROOT from source, but I have been getting the following error:

g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libASImage.so -m64 -O2 -DNDEBUG -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--as-needed -o lib/libASImage.so graf2d/asimage/src/TASImage.o graf2d/asimage/src/TASPluginGS.o graf2d/asimage/src/G__ASImage.o -Llib -lCore -ldl -Llib -lGraf -lMathCore lib/libAfterImage.a -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lfreetype -lz -lpng12 -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -ltiff -lpng -lz -L/usr/local/lib -lXpm -lXext -lX11 lib/libAfterImage.a(export.o): In function `ASImage2png_int': export.c:(.text+0x72b): undefined reference to `png_set_longjmp_fn' lib/libAfterImage.a(import.o): In function `png2ASImage_int': import.c:(.text+0x43e5): undefined reference to `png_set_longjmp_fn' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [lib/libASImage.so] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
I have both libpng12 and libpng16 installed on my system.
Attaching the log of ./configure for assistance.
configure.txt (8.08 KB)

that’s weird because you have builtin_afterimage enabled… it should work.

Can you try the simple “configure” without any option ?

I am not sure I get you. The configure log I attached was the result of simple configure without any options.

May be this can help:

[Export.c error during libAfterImage making on mac

[quote=“couet”]that’s weird because you have builtin_afterimage enabled… it should work.

Can you try the simple “configure” without any option ?[/quote]

Hello, Dear All!

Please help me with a similar problem:
after the build i have this

import.c:(.text+0x3b31): undefined reference to `png_set_strip_16’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib/libASImage.so] Error 1

I have an elementary os based on ubuntu 12.04 and x86_64 system.

config setting consist

[color=#FF0000]Checking for libjpeg … no
Checking for libtiff … no
Checking for libz … no
Checking for libpng … no[/color]
[color=#FF0000]may be problem with this? How i can include this lib?[/color]
Checking whether to build included libAfterImage … yes

config.status file contain these flags:

linuxx8664gcc --enable-soversion --enable-python --with-xrootd=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install --enable-roofit --enable-minuit2 --enable-gdml --enable-xml --enable-builtin-ftgl --enable-builtin-glew --enable-builtin-freetype --with-pythia6-libdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/lib --with-pythia8-libdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/lib --with-pythia8-incdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/include --enable-mysql --enable-pgsql --disable-globus --disable-reflex --disable-cintex --enable-vc --enable-http --with-gsl-incdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/include --with-gsl-libdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/lib --with-f77=gfortran --with-cc=gcc --with-cxx=g++ --with-ld=g++ --prefix=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install --etcdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/share/root/etc --build=debug

Hope on your help!

[quote=“BorisBLTP”][quote=“couet”]that’s weird because you have builtin_afterimage enabled… it should work.

Can you try the simple “configure” without any option ?[/quote]

Hello, Dear All!

Please help me with a similar problem:
after the build i have this

import.c:(.text+0x3b31): undefined reference to `png_set_strip_16’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib/libASImage.so] Error 1

I have an elementary os based on ubuntu 12.04 and x86_64 system.

config setting consist

[color=#FF0000]Checking for libjpeg … no
Checking for libtiff … no
Checking for libz … no
Checking for libpng … no[/color]
[color=#FF0000]may be problem with this? How i can include this lib?[/color]
Checking whether to build included libAfterImage … yes

config.status file contain these flags:

linuxx8664gcc --enable-soversion --enable-python --with-xrootd=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install --enable-roofit --enable-minuit2 --enable-gdml --enable-xml --enable-builtin-ftgl --enable-builtin-glew --enable-builtin-freetype --with-pythia6-libdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/lib --with-pythia8-libdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/lib --with-pythia8-incdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/include --enable-mysql --enable-pgsql --disable-globus --disable-reflex --disable-cintex --enable-vc --enable-http --with-gsl-incdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/include --with-gsl-libdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/lib --with-f77=gfortran --with-cc=gcc --with-cxx=g++ --with-ld=g++ --prefix=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install --etcdir=/home/bdrum/Prog/opt/fairsoft/install/share/root/etc --build=debug

Hope on your help![/quote]

hi all!

It works!

I copied these libs from usr/lib and ~/lib.
libASImage_rdict.pcm
libASImageGui.so
libASImage.rootmap
libASImage.so

and another libs consist in name this words: “libpng” ,“libtif”, “libjp”, but i think solve my problem it is lib with “ASI” in name.

Good luck!