Problem with TFile

Hello,

I am a student and I am trying to run ROOT for SUSY analysis. I followed the guide for a “Location Independent Installation”, on a laptop running Ubuntu 11.04. I installled version 5.29.

I have two problems:

1. The “root” command is not recognized by my Terminal. I execute:

With this, the root command is recognized. However, when I restart the computer, I have to run the same script again for the Terminal to recognize the “root” command. Is there any way to make this permanent?

1. I open ROOT and attempt to open an analysis file with the following command:

This gives me the following error message:

Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class AttributeListLayout is available Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class pair<string,string> is available Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName>: vectorbool.dll does not exist in /home/gonzalo/root/lib:/home/gonzalo/root/lib:.:/home/gonzalo/root/lib::/home/gonzalo/root/cint/cint/stl Error in <TCint::AutoLoadCallback>: failure loading dependent library vectorbool.dll for class vector<long>

The error message is longer, but I have left only the first four messages as an example.

The ROOT file is not corrupt, since it works with a different computer.

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much!

[quote]With this, the root command is recognized. However, when I restart the computer, I have to run the same script again for the Terminal to recognize the “root” command. Is there any way to make this permanent?[/quote]The only way to make it somewhat permanent is to add to your .profile (for bash) file.

Philippe.

[quote]Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: vectorbool.dll does not exist in [/quote]vectorbool.dll should be in $ROOTSYS/cint/cint/stl which seems to be in your case: /home/gonzalo/root/cint/cint/stl

Philippe.

1. I added the line:

source /home/gonzalo/root/bin/thisroot.sh

to the file: “/home/gonzalo/.bashrc”

I believe that worked.

1. The file “vectorbool.dll” is not present in the folder “/home/gonzalo/root/cint/cint/stl”. What can I do?

[quote]2) The file “vectorbool.dll” is not present in the folder “/home/gonzalo/root/cint/cint/stl”. What can I do?[/quote]Then ROOT was not build correctly. Try re-running make.

Philippe.

Is there any message I should watch for while I rerun “make”?

Hi,

When you re-run it, it should say that there is nothing to build (in case of success) if not, you should look for error and warning (you should have none if this had gone well).

Philippe.