Error: vector.dll

Hello,

I just installed ROOT 5.28 (with patches) in an Ubuntu 11.04 laptop. I downloaded it with the following command:

Then, I tried to open a root file with the following:

Which gave me the following error:

Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class AttributeListLayout is available Warning in <TClass::TClass>: no dictionary for class pair<string,string> is available Error in <TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName>: vectorbool.dll does not exist in /home/gonzalo/root/lib:/home/gonzalo/root/lib:.:/home/gonzalo/root/lib::/home/gonzalo/root/cint/cint/stl

The actual error is longer, but all messages are similar.

How can I fix this? Thank you very much!

Hi,

As in <Problem with TFile I am guessing that the build of ROOT did not succeeds … i.e. you are still missing vectorbool.dll

Philippe.

Hello again,

Well, is there any other way I can fix this? When I “make” root, there are hundreds of lines of messages and I cannot not see all of them, but I do not see anything that looks like an error.

Is it possible to just copy vectorbool.dll manually into the correct folder?

Thanks for your help!

[quote]Is it possible to just copy vectorbool.dll manually into the correct folder?[/quote]It would if is was built but most likely it was not …[quote]Well, is there any other way I can fix this? When I “make” root, there are hundreds of lines of messages and I cannot not see all of them, but I do not see anything that looks like an error.[/quote]Do (when using bash … if you use tcsh you will need to use a different syntax):make > make.log 2>&1 and send us the file make.log

Cheers,
Philippe.

Oh my, I redownloaded ROOT and used the command you said. I opened the “make.log” file and searched for “vectorbool.dll” and I found something that led me to believe it was built. Then, I looked in the folder “…/root/cint/cint/stl/” and I found vectorbool.dll!

I tried to open a TFile in ROOT and it worked!

I have no idea why it worked now and not before. Also, is there any reason to believe that some other .dll was not built and I’ll only know when I try a ROOT command which requires it?

Thank you for your help and your patience, Philippe!