Problem trying to use trying to use the wigner_6j

Greetings all,

This is a repost of a message I originally posted in the support forum, but it was suggested I post it here instead.

I am trying to use the ROOT special math function wigner_6j by calling “ROOT::Math::wigner_6j(5,5,4,4,4,1)” at the command line.

The error I get is as follows

[quote]Error: Function wigner_6j(5,5,4,4,4,1) is not defined in current scope (tmpfile):1:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***
[/quote]

If I call another function in the same library (e.g. ROOT::Math::tgamma(.5)) I get an appropriate answer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong. The wigner_6j is listed as being part of the mathmore library and the numbers I am using as input to call it should generate a valid number output.

The version of ROOT I am using is a as follow (ROOT 5.29/03 (trunk@39055, Jun 02 2011, 09:09:23 on linuxx8664gcc). The version is about a month old but I rebuilt it to see if that was my problem.

To build ROOT I used the following configure string “./configure --with-clang --enable-roofit --enable-minuit2 --enable-gsl-shared” followed by make.

Regards

Hi,

I presume you have GSL somewhere in your system, so mathmore is enabled by the configure. You can check this by doing:

root-config --has-mathmore

Before calling a function of MathMore from CINT you need to do:

gSystem->Load("libMathMore")

or

#include "Math/SpecFunc.h"

Best Regards

Lorenzo

Thanks Lorenzo,

That works perfectly and produces the right answer (which is the whole point of the project).

Regards