Problem loading a fit function in ACLiC

Hello:

I have a ROOT 5.32.04 program in my computer that is running fine.
I use Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0 and that also works. Now I am trying to fit a function
to a histogram by using ACLiC command, I receive a fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: ‘stddef.h’: No such file or directory
I have the Path set to the include files as C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include.

So can anyone tell me what is going on here? Thank you for your efforts.

gaireb
YlmFunc.c (2.54 KB)
YlmFit.c (2.61 KB)

Hi,

We cannot try your macro because we do not have access to the histogram. However, have you tried to compile other macros with ACliC (e.g. $ROOTSYS/tutorials/hsimple.C) ?

I suspect you have a problem in using the Windows compiler

Lorenzo

[quote=“moneta”]Hi,

We cannot try your macro because we do not have access to the histogram. However, have you tried to compile other macros with ACliC (e.g. $ROOTSYS/tutorials/hsimple.C) ?

I suspect you have a problem in using the Windows compiler

Lorenzo[/quote]
[][][][][][][][][*]
Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

I tried the hsimple.C using ACLiC.
In order to make it work I have to do the following steps
(i) run batch file vcvars32.bat located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin that took care of the error message regarding cl.exe not recognized…
(ii) copy the hsimple.C file from C:\root\tutorials to C:\root\macros, otherwise it could not find the file

The result is a histogram “This is the px distribution”

Now when I try my macro it now shows errors
The first one is: cl.exe is not recognized,
followed by: external preprocessing failed,
and so on.

So, you may be right the problem is the windows compiler that does not recognize the correct path or something like that.

Thank you.

Hi,

quote=“gaireb” copy the hsimple.C file from C:\root\tutorials to C:\root\macros, otherwise it could not find the file[/quote]Why? This should not be necessary. You should be able to run the tutorials from their original location. Where are you running from? How did you start ROOT? Did you set the ROOT environment variables? (e.g. by calling C:\root\bin\thisroot.bat)?

Cheers, Bertrand.