Problem in configuring pythia8 with root and fastjet

hello everyone,
i am new to root and pythia8 both, i am trying to configure pythia8209 with root6.4.2 and fastjet 3.1.3.
m using ubuntu 14.04, 64bit.

namrata@namrata-K84L:~/work/namrata_project/pythia8209$ ./configure --enable-shared --with-root-bin=${ROOTSYS}/include --with-root-include=${ROOTSYS}/include --with-root-lib=${ROOTSYS}/lib --with-fastjet3=$work/namrata_progject/fastjet-3.1.3
WARNING: Disabling ROOT - binary rootcint missing.
WARNING: Disabling ROOT - binary root-config missing.
WARNING: Disabling ROOT - library Cint missing.

PYTHIA Configuration Summary

Configured for LINUX with the following options:
–enable-shared

The following optional external packages will be used:

• FASTJET3

where ROOTSYS is the root directory exported in bashrc.
when i checked the bin folder in root it has executables named rootcint and root-config ,
but the lib folder doesnt have a cint lib.
can anyone please help me resolve this problem .
thanks in advance.

This is more a problem of pythia8 than ROOT. In any case, I think you made a mistake --with-root-bin=${ROOTSYS}/include instead of --with-root-bin=${ROOTSYS}/bin
It seems also that is expecting to find libCint.so, which is a library that exists for the ROOT 5 version and not for ROOT 6.

thanks for the reply,
now m trying to configure root 5 version still cint in giving problem during make:-

namrata@namrata-K84L:~/work/namrata_project/root$ make
g++ -shared -Wl,-soname,libCint.so -m64 -O2 -Wl,–no-undefined -Wl,–as-needed -o lib/libCint.so cint/cint/src/g__cfunc.o cint/cint/src/config/strlcpy.o cint/cint/src/config/strlcat.o cint/cint/src/config/snprintf.o cint/cint/main/G__setup.o cint/cint/src/Api.o cint/cint/src/auxu.o cint/cint/src/BaseCls.o cint/cint/src/bc_assign.o cint/cint/src/bc_autoobj.o cint/cint/src/bc_cfunc.o cint/cint/src/bc_debug.o cint/cint/src/bc_eh.o cint/cint/src/bc_exec.o cint/cint/src/bc_inst.o cint/cint/src/bc_item.o cint/cint/src/bc_parse.o cint/cint/src/bc_reader.o cint/cint/src/bc_type.o cint/cint/src/bc_vtbl.o cint/cint/src/CallFunc.o cint/cint/src/cast.o cint/cint/src/Class.o cint/cint/src/DataMbr.o cint/cint/src/debug.o cint/cint/src/decl.o cint/cint/src/disp.o cint/cint/src/dump.o cint/cint/src/end.o cint/cint/src/error.o cint/cint/src/expr.o cint/cint/src/FastAllocString.o cint/cint/src/fread.o cint/cint/src/func.o cint/cint/src/gcoll.o cint/cint/src/global1.o cint/cint/src/global2.o cint/cint/src/ifunc.o cint/cint/src/inherit.o cint/cint/src/init.o cint/cint/src/input.o cint/cint/src/intrpt.o cint/cint/src/loadfile.o cint/cint/src/macro.o cint/cint/src/malloc.o cint/cint/src/memtest.o cint/cint/src/MethodAr.o cint/cint/src/Method.o cint/cint/src/new.o cint/cint/src/newlink.o cint/cint/src/opr.o cint/cint/src/parse.o cint/cint/src/pause.o cint/cint/src/pcode.o cint/cint/src/pragma.o cint/cint/src/pragma_tmp.o cint/cint/src/quote.o cint/cint/src/random.o cint/cint/src/rflx_gendict.o cint/cint/src/rflx_gensrc.o cint/cint/src/rflx_tools.o cint/cint/src/scrupto.o cint/cint/src/Shadow.o cint/cint/src/shl.o cint/cint/src/sizeof.o cint/cint/src/struct.o cint/cint/src/stub.o cint/cint/src/tmplt.o cint/cint/src/Token.o cint/cint/src/Type.o cint/cint/src/typedef.o cint/cint/src/Typedf.o cint/cint/src/val2a.o cint/cint/src/value.o cint/cint/src/var.o cint/cint/src/dict/Apiif.o cint/cint/src/dict/stdstrct.o cint/cint/src/dict/gcc4strm.o -ldl
g++: error: cint/cint/src/dict/Apiif.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [lib/libCint.so] Error 1

m not able to understand what went wrong here now please help me resolve it !

Thanks a lot for your response but
As given in the post i deleted other version of root and m trying to reinstall it and getting following error :-

Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing montecarlo/pythia8/src/G__Pythia8.cxx montecarlo/pythia8/src/G__Pythia8.h !!!
Error: core/utils/src/rootcint_tmp: error loading headers…
make: *** [montecarlo/pythia8/src/G__Pythia8.cxx] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
can u please help me for what should be done to get rid of this error.
regards,
namrata

This error building ROOT indicates that Pythia8 was not found. Can you check that you did’t have an error during configuration. Is this a circular dependency?