Problem about EnableElectricField()

In examples/gem, the unit model of gem is established by apdl command, voltage is applied to cathode and anode, and then the result is output to lis file. garfield + + imports these lis files
My question is :
1.Will the electric field set in ansys be used when calculating electron drift or avalanche ?
2.When using TrackHeed, will you use the electric field set in ansys ? Because I found that TrackHeed has a member function EnableElectricField ( ) ; i don 't know under what circumstances this function will be used.
3.When calculating electron drift or avalanche, what should I do if I want to set the magnetic field ?
I would appreciate it if you could give some help.

I guess @hschindl can help.

Hi,

1. Yes, in the GEM example, the field map calculated using Ansys is used when simulating the electron drift/avalanche.
  2. By default, TrackHeed does not take electric fields into account. If you call EnableElectricField it will use the electric field in the stepping. But I don’t recommend doing that; the electric field normally does not have a significant influence on the primary charged particle nor the delta electrons.
  3. If you have a constant magnetic field, you can simply set the three components of the B-field (in units of Tesla) using SetMagneticField (this function is available in every Component class).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.