Permissions problem when loading shared library

I have built a shared library / dictionary for my classes to be able to load them from the root interpreter. I have used the CMake macro:

ROOT_GENERATE_DICTIONARY(SimulationDataRootDict ${HEADERS} MODULE SimulationData)

I generate the libSimulationData.so library and the other dictionary related files such as libSimulationData.rootmap and libSimulationData_rdict.pcm. The library seems to work in some systems, however in one system I get the following error:

root [0] gSystem->Load("libSimulationData.so")
(int) 0
root [1] DataEvent ev;
libSimulationData dictionary payload:8:10: remark: could not acquire lock file for module 'SimulationData': failed to create unique file /programas/root/6.25.01/lib/SimulationData.pcm.lock-d4f4f1c2: Permission denied [-Rmodule-build]
#include "/tmp/tmp.KVC21ZJ1Eb/libraries/SimulationData/include/DataEvent.h"
         ^
libSimulationData dictionary payload:8:10: remark: building module 'SimulationData' as '/programas/root/6.25.01/lib/SimulationData.pcm' [-Rmodule-build]
error: unable to open output file '/programas/root/6.25.01/lib/SimulationData.pcm': 'Permission denied'
libSimulationData dictionary payload:8:10: remark: finished building module 'SimulationData' [-Rmodule-build]
libSimulationData dictionary payload:8:10: fatal error: could not build module 'SimulationData'
 ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Error in <TInterpreter::AutoParse>: Error parsing payload code for class DataEvent with content:

#line 1 "libSimulationData dictionary payload"

#ifndef SPDLOG_COMPILED_LIB
  #define SPDLOG_COMPILED_LIB 1
#endif

#define _BACKWARD_BACKWARD_WARNING_H
// Inline headers
#include "/tmp/tmp.KVC21ZJ1Eb/libraries/SimulationData/include/DataSteps.h"
#include "/tmp/tmp.KVC21ZJ1Eb/libraries/SimulationData/include/DataTrack.h"

#undef  _BACKWARD_BACKWARD_WARNING_H

ROOT_prompt_1:1:11: error: variable has incomplete type 'DataEvent'
DataEvent ev;
          ^
libSimulationData dictionary forward declarations' payload:7:117: note: forward declaration of 'DataEvent'
class __attribute__((annotate("$clingAutoload$/tmp/tmp.KVC21ZJ1Eb/libraries/SimulationData/include/DataEvent.h")))  DataEvent;

It looks like the problem is that I don’t have permissions to write in $ROOTSYS/lib, which I don’t. Is there a way to solve this problem?

On a side note, is there a way to automatically load the library? perhaps placing it in some directory (other than $ROOTSYS).

Thanks.

I guess @vvassilev can help.

Can you list the contents of the folder that contains libSimulationData.so?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.