OpenGL

Hi Rooters,

The ROOT 5.17.4 has been installed on the computer having 4 kernel Intel processor and working under Redhat server. When I try to use the command from the TCanvas - View - View With - OpenGL The lot of messages are printed (they are attached) and ROOT’s GL viewer appeared on the screen without plot. What may be wrong. The file used for the ROOT translation is attached also.

Thanks in advance,
Andrey
a517loc.txt (660 Bytes)
root_screen.txt (5.18 KB)

… It crashes in FTGL… it is not really clear why … Do you have some small example macro reproducing the problem ? It looks like you are using the QT version of ROOT… is that right ? if so, can you try with a non QT one to see if you have the same problem ?

I do not have your machine to debug :slight_smile: But if I send you modified version with some prints and loggin - will you be able to recompile your ROOT to improve diagnostic? I can try to look through FTGL and find potential problem there.

Hi!,

On the couet’s message I can answer only that in this case macros was not used. I open TFile with a number of TH2D matrices, used command m00.Draw(“SURF”) and then try to open GL as it was described in the first message. The details of ROOT translation can be seen from the attached file to the first message.

On the tpochep’s message - I am ready to install your ROOT version. It can be donet today or after the next week. Next week I will be on the conference and will not have full access (I mean getting X-window) to the computer.

Thanks,
Andrey

[quote=“couet”]… It crashes in FTGL… it is not really clear why … Do you have some small example macro reproducing the problem ? It looks like you are using the QT version of ROOT… is that right ? if so, can you try with a non QT one to see if you have the same problem ?[/quote]Hello Olivier.
The attached files show

1. Andrey did build the extra Qt4 plugin.
  2. There is no indication he did turn it on.
    To activate the pluigin it is not enough to compile the code. One has to explicitly activate the plugin via the custom “.rootrc” file.
    It looks like the regular X11 graphical layer was involved