No dictionary for class RooStats::HistFactory::RooBSpline is available

Hi:
Could someone help me for the problem when I’m trying to open a workspace root file.
When I load this file, root tells me:

Warning in TClass::Init: no dictionary for class RooStats::HistFactory::RooBSpline is available
Warning in TClass::Init: no dictionary for class RooStats::HistFactory::RooBSplineBases is available
Warning in TClass::Init: no dictionary for class RooParamKeysPdf is available
(TFile *) 0x4729f90
Error in TBufferFile::ReadObject: trying to read an emulated class (RooStats::HistFactory::RooBSpline) to store in a compiled pointer (TObject)
Error in TBufferFile::ReadObject: trying to read an emulated class (RooParamKeysPdf) to store in a compiled pointer (TObject)

There is no problem when I look at this root file in lxplus.
my root version is 6.19/01.
I think there is a problem when I build the root?
It would be very appreciated if someone could help me.

Which version of ROOT do you use on lxplus?

Oksana.

Hi Oksana,
Thanks for your help.
The root I used is here: /cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/21.2/AnalysisBaseExternals/21.2.96/InstallArea/x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt/bin/root

The version is: 6.16/00

I try to search and run: grep -r “RooParamKeysPdf” under folder: /cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/21.2/AnalysisBaseExternals/21.2.96/InstallArea/x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt
and nothing returns. a little bit strange

Yingjie

The RooParamKeysPdf and RooBSlpline are not class of ROOT. I gues they are part of some ATLAS software, so you might load the corresponding library before that contains the dictionary

Lorenzo

1 Like

Hey,
Many thanks! Exactly.
I find that package is here.
But have to change the version of root to 6.14. Anyway, solved.
Cheers,
Yingjie

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.