No countour with LikelihoodIntervalPlot

Dear experts,

I have problem to plot contour plot with LikelihoodIntervalPlot, I get this errors

[#1] INFO:Minization -- RooProfileLL::evaluate(nll_modelConstraint_obsData_with_constr_Profile[mH,mu]) minimum found at (mH=124.71, mu=1.41876)
.. INVALID PARAMETER NUMBERS.
Error in <TMinuitMinimizer::Contour>: Cannot find more than 4 points
Error finding contour for parameters mH and mu
Warning - Less points calculated in contours np = 0 / 10

The code is really simple, and also the workspace, you can find them attached.
prova.py (665 Bytes)
simple_workspace.root (278 KB)

Hi,
There wis a problem using Minuit that needs to be investigate. It works instead if you use Minuit, but one needs to change the contour colour to make it visible due to a problem with the defat value.
Attached is your modified macro, which should work.

Thanks for posting this problem

Lorenzo
contour_minuit2.py (850 Bytes)

[quote=“moneta”]Hi,
There wis a problem using Minuit that needs to be investigate. It works instead if you use Minuit, but one needs to change the contour colour to make it visible due to a problem with the defat value.
Attached is your modified macro, which should work.

Thanks for posting this problem

Lorenzo[/quote]

Thank you Lorenzo, this works, but now I have a filled area, and not a countour. I tried to change the fill color to white (using view->editor), but everything disappears.

Hi,

It is strange you have a fill are, normally this is done when using the option “F”, but this is not in the code. I think it was in an old version of more than a year ago. If you are using it, that it might explains the difference.

Lorenzo

[quote=“moneta”]Hi,

It is strange you have a fill are, normally this is done when using the option “F”, but this is not in the code. I think it was in an old version of more than a year ago. If you are using it, that it might explains the difference.

Lorenzo[/quote]

I am using 5.32/04, do you have the same problem or do you see a contour (with white area inside)?

Yes, I see the contour in black with white filled area. I think, in the old version you can remove the line
plot.SetContourColor(1)

I will fix this in the new version (together with the problem with Minuit)

Lorenzo

[quote=“moneta”]Yes, I see the contour in black with white filled area. I think, in the old version you can remove the line
plot.SetContourColor(1)

I will fix this in the new version (together with the problem with Minuit)

Lorenzo[/quote]

Hello, I confirm with latest version it works. But with 5.32/04 it doesn’t: I see the fill area, but not the contour.

plot.SetContourColor(1)

was already present in your original code.

I know it was present. What I said, is that with the old version you should remove that line.

Lorenzo