Multiple 2D histograms with text option

Dear experts,

I have 3 two-dimensional histograms. And I want to draw the first histogram using colz option, which gives me the general information about the plot with colors. Now using the other 2 histograms I want to print the text information of each of them on the same canvas. Something like below:

h->Draw(“colz”);
h1->Draw(“text,sames”);
h2->Draw(“text,sames”);

However, as expected this prints the text from h2 overwriting the one from h1. Is there a way that I can write both the numbers from h1 and h2 in each bin of h in a readable way (something like splitting the bins diagonally and write the numbers in the split parts) ?

Looking forward for a quick reply.

Thanks & Best regards
Sandhya

Right now you can specify a text angle:
root.cern.ch/doc/master/classTH … .html#HP15

may be that can help.

Unfortunately no. Anyway, since I didn’t find a support to this - I used TPavetext, got the bin entries written to it and put them on the plot with the respective positions.

Thanks and Best regards
Sandhya

I checked the code. The text is always drawn in the center of the bin. Right now there is no way to shift it.

Thanks a lot Couet for having a look at it… Hmmm, yeah though it will be helpful if one could do it in the coming versions.

Thanks again and best regards
Sandhya

May one possible way would be to use the SetBarOffset attributs of the histogram to shift the text in the 2d Bins.

Since ROOT version 6.07/07: In case several histograms are drawn on top ot each other (using option SAME), the text can be shifted using SetBarOffset(). It specifies an offset for the text in percentage of the bin width.

{
   TCanvas *c03 = new TCanvas("c03","c03",700,400);
   gStyle->SetOptStat(0);
   TH2F *htext3 = new TH2F("htext3","Several 2D histograms drawn with option TEXT",10,-4,4,10,-20,20);
   TH2F *htext4 = new TH2F("htext4","htext4",10,-4,4,10,-20,20);
   TH2F *htext5 = new TH2F("htext5","htext5",10,-4,4,10,-20,20);
   Float_t px, py;
   for (Int_t i = 0; i < 25000; i++) {
      gRandom->Rannor(px,py);
      htext3->Fill(4*px,20*py,0.1);
      htext4->Fill(4*px,20*py,0.5);
      htext5->Fill(4*px,20*py,1.0);
   }
   //gStyle->SetPaintTextFormat("4.1f m");
   htext4->SetMarkerSize(1.8);
   htext5->SetMarkerSize(1.8);