Multiple 2d graphs with different graphic options

Hello there!
I need help with some plotting. I know this might be too trivial for some of you but I struggle with it a lot.
I have four 2D graphs

Pip;
piT;
fireball;
surface;

I successfully loaded data from the file and processed it. So I guess there is no need for posting the code but I can provide it.
Here are the graphs:

Pip - top left
piT - top right
fireball - bottom left
surface - bottom right

The fireball and surface have only 1 (non-zero) value. Let’s ignore piT (top right) because I would be able to figure out what to do as soon as I’ll know what to do with the Pip (top left).

Note: the view of the final plot would be from the top same as Pip and piT in the example

• So I’d like to plot fireball with one color (or two - one for fireball=1 and second for vacuum=0) [i.e. 1->Blue, 0->Black]
  • Then I’d like to put Pip on top of that using contour, zero values wouldn’t be displayed so you can see the fireball area
  • Also I’d like to have the z-axis of Pip displayed on the right next to the plot (same as in the example)
  • Finally, I’d like to plot surface on top of that as a red circle (maybe also a little bit transparent if possible)

So the final result should look like that (grey notes not included, red possibly a little bit transparent)
The only thing I know is I have to use the option "same" to plot more graphs but I’m even struggling to plot fireball and surface as described. This is how I made the plot on top of this post:

c->cd(1);
Pip[i]->Draw("CONT4Z");
c->cd(2);
piT[i]->Draw("CONT4Z");
gStyle->SetPalette(95);
c->cd(3);
fireball[i]->Draw("PFC");
c->cd(4);
surface[i]->Draw("PLC");

Thanks a lot if you help me in any way!

Hi @BobekJosef; I am sure that @couet can help you with your question.

Cheers,
J.

CONT4 use special coordinates and the SAME option does not work . An intermediate canvas is needed. I guess that’s what you encounter. Here is an example showing how to make it.

{
   TCanvas cc("cc", "cc");

TFile f("hsimple.root");
   hpxpy->Draw("cont4");
   gPad->Update();

Double_t BM = gPad->GetBottomMargin();
   Double_t LM = gPad->GetLeftMargin();
   Double_t RM = gPad->GetRightMargin();
   Double_t TM = gPad->GetTopMargin();
   Double_t X1 = hpxpy->GetXaxis()->GetXmin();
   Double_t Y1 = hpxpy->GetYaxis()->GetXmin();
   Double_t X2 = hpxpy->GetXaxis()->GetXmax();
   Double_t Y2 = hpxpy->GetYaxis()->GetXmax();

TPad *null=new TPad("null","null",0,0,1,1);
   null->SetFillStyle(0);
   null->SetFrameFillStyle(0);
   null->Draw();
   null->cd();
   null->Range(X1-(X2-X1)*(LM/(1-RM-LM)),
               Y1-(Y2-Y1)*(BM/(1-TM-LM)),
               X2+(X2-X1)*(RM/(1-RM-LM)),
               Y2+(Y2-Y1)*(TM/(1-TM-LM)));

gPad->Update();
   hpxpy->DrawClone("cont3 same");
}

@couet thanks a lot! That helped a lot. Just if I could have one more question.

• Can I somehow do gStyle->SetPalette(int); for graphs individually because it seems that it changes all graphs (something like hpxpy->SetPalette(int) - which doesn’t work)

Once again, thanks a lot. I really value it that you help me.

See ROOT: tutorials/graphs/multipalette.C File Reference

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.